The Tajjar building a small but an impressive brick structure 42’x42’ is located close to the south east of Town Hall inside the Jinnah Bagh at Larkana. It consists of 3 apartments, a central hall 14’x38’ with two side galleries each measuring 8’x38’. At the time of its construction the building was test fully decorated with glazed tile work and floral fresco paintings, the traces of which were found out.
The Tajjar building by the passage of time fell victim to the human hands and underwent many additions and alterations striping of its, all original grandeur. Giles, Commissioner of Sindh, set up library in this building in the year 1864 A.D. which later on followed by the creation of a local broad-casting station. Also the building was used as a canteen for a considerable time.
Few specimen of stone plinth, wood and mosaic required for future conservation bring the monument back to its own old glary were collected from the contemporary Mirs tombs at Hyderabad and got approved from the Chairman, Pakistan National Centre, Islamabad.